template

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Crazy Time of Year

It is starting to come up on the crazy time of year where it seems like you flit from one activity to the next, and have your days filled with holiday planning, cleaning, socializing, and of course working. This weekend was a prime example. With family in town, a Halloween party, and of course FOOTBALL, we didn't seem to have a spare minute. In fact, all of this running around has gotten us feeling a little bit worn out.

It is late, and I just got the last of my kids to bed, so I thought I would take a minute it spit out some thoughts of what I am grateful for today:

1. My husband. He cleans, he plays with the kids, he works hard. He is wonderful!
2. Winder Farms. I was forgetting how difficult it is to go to the grocery store with kids, and I went twice this weekend. Thank heavens for home delivery. I love it!
3. A simple life. We started thinking about our housing situation, where we want to be, what kind of house, life etc. and all I can say is I am glad that it does not have to be complicated, big, expensive, or fancy if we don't want it to be.
4. Good friends. This week was crazy, and I am glad to have friendships to help make things easier. This week I am especially grateful for Nathalie. She gets me, she is giving, kind, and awesome.
5. Sleep. It is restorative, relaxing, and great. With my ribs out I have had a hard time getting good sleep, and when you are missing something it makes you really grateful for it.

There are plenty of other things to be grateful for as well. These just happened to be at the forefront of my mind. Good night. I look forward to yet another day of a teething baby (working on tooth number 3), a house that needs cleaning, and work that seems endless. Haha. Life really is good.

No comments: