template

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Adore my little devils

There are days when facing my life seems unbearable. I have a great life, but there is sometimes monotony in the idea of waking up, getting my kids ready for another day of school, cleaning up another round of messes, procrastinating another set of articles, etc. I crave adventure and excitement and change. I am not a sedentary person, and that is okay with me. However, picking up and roving when you want your kids to learn how to read and write, and you are unwilling to homes chool can sometimes be difficult. So, I have decided to try and find adventure in the life I have.


Yesterday's goal- Adventures with Derrick. Boy did we have fun. He is my little shadow, never more than a few feet away if he can help it. We started out playing in his big brother's room. Dillan was at school, so no one to get mad. It did not last long. Mid play with a die cast car, Derrick conked out face down on the floor. I covered him with a blanket and went upstairs to do dishes. We later went and got ice cream. I can't believe how big he is getting, choosing his own flavor, debating over toppings, and then sharing his Dad's ice cream because the cake batter mixed with nerds combination was not quite what he expected.


He is starting to talk like a champ. He offers full sentences, and has real opinions. This of course leads to mini-melt downs when I do not understand what it is he needs or wants. Like yesterday, he cried for several minutes when I couldn't figure out what he needed. What did he need? He wanted to go somewhere, who cares where. He just wanted me to put on my shoes, grab my keys, and go. I had no idea! lol




Today I hope to have an adventure with Lexi, of course just wading through the pink and sparkles of getting dressed in the morning is an adventure in and of itself, but I will let you know what mischief we decide to get into this afternoon!


No comments: