template

Monday, January 30, 2012

Dillan's 7th Birthday- Legos!

I love a good birthday party! So for Dillan's birthday he chose Lego theme, and for weeks I put together the stuff for his birthday. We invited the kids from his class at school, as well as the kids from the neighborhood, and family. We rented out my Grandma S's clubhouse for the party since it is close to Dillan's school, where the majority of kids would be coming from. We planned games, got helpers, made food, made goodie bags, etc. Here are some pictures and explanations of the party!
 Dillan's nana and papa took him birthday shopping before the party so we could get everything set up. He arrived right when we were ready to start, along with two great helpers!

 We had corn puff treats (loved the yellow for the Lego theme), caramel popcorn, and chocolate popcorn! It is a fun, easy, yummy snack, but I forgot what a mess it can make.

 I used marshmallows to make Lego man head pops, and put them in bins of lose candy to hold them up. We used gummy bears, jelly bellies, and m&M's. They were so cute!


 For the cake, I bought a pan that makes square pieces, then used marshmallows to make each piece look like a Lego block. Then I dipped them in chocolate, and assembled them on a board in a "7" for his birthday. It made serving them really easy, as they were already pre-portioned out. Let me tell you though, it took me several tries, and a lot of help (Thanks Nat!) to get these dang things covered. Next year, one big cake. Too many hours spent on this one!


 For the party favors we use a craft punch to make the circles and put them on bags to make them look like Lego bricks. I then filled the bag with some popcorn, a homemade Lego coloring book. Lego man shaped crayons, Lego brick candies, and a Lego man head marshmallow pop. They turned out so cute!


 The delicious caramel popcorn!

 The table with the goodies and the party favor bags!

 For the food, I covered juice boxes and used the craft punch to make more bricks, then we served Nachos (again the yellow for the Lego people), and individual pizzas. I made about 50 of the pizzas the night before. I was surprised how quickly it went. It took me about 2 hours to roll out and cook all the dough, top, and freeze all 50 of them. And for about $20. Cheap and delicious!
We had a lot of fun games. When the kids arrived, they got to choose a lego head cut out (Thank you Silhouette) and this was their name tag, and group. The color indicated which group they were part of for the games. We split the kids out and rotated every few minutes. It was organized chaos and so much fun!
 For Lego free build, the kids just got to play with Legos and blocks and build what they wanted.

 For this they got to spin around, with a hankie, and pin the head on the Lego man, courtesy of Becca, the heads I cut out using my Silhouette, which was amazing since I needed about 50 of them!
 The Lego races I got off Pinterest, and I got plumbing tubing, and the kids had to stick a Lego in it and race it to their partner at the other end. This turned into a lot of spit in the tube, so by the end we kind of abandoned this station.
 The kids threw legos into jars from set marks, and got prizes if they made it in.


 This is Lego Bingo, it was cute! Works like Bingo, but with Lego figures, and we used M&Ms to cover each space.




 To make the crayons I used an ice cube tray mold made out of silicone. Then I melted existing crayons in a tin can in a pot of boiling water, dumped the melted wax into the mold, and let harden. This took me a week to do in order to make 150 crayons total. The coloring book I found online and just printed, cut and folded.
 It was so much fun! Here are some of the pictures of the kids enjoying the party!

































No comments: