template

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hanging in there!


Today I took a friend rock climbing for her birthday. It was my first time, as well as hers, so we decided to take some experts along with us. James (my brother), and his friend Taylor. They showed us the ropes (every pun intended), and let us climb.



I went first, I started out strong, and felt good, but then I hit a spot where I couldn't find my next area, and then I looked down, and I panicked. I got all shaky, I froze up. I can't believe what a wus I was. I got over it though, and kept on climbing.

This is me almost to the top!



Then Nathalie, my friend, went. She did much better than I did. This is her when she made it up to the top part. Looking happy!



These are the knots James taught us! He used his nice air bending skills to do it, and I used my, "Umm, show me again" skills.


We made it back alive and safely thanks to the oh so generous and ever careful James and Taylor. Poor James was dying at the end because he had to sit at the top in his harness forever, and it was cutting into his legs. I was SLOOOOOOW. haha Nat made it up in less than half the time it took me.


It was a really fun morning, and just what I needed to remind myself to "hang" in there! It is funny how many life lessons rock climbing can be symbolic of. If you just keep going over your obstacles, new hand holds appear. Happy Birthday Nat, thanks James and Taylor for giving us such a fun experience.

2 comments:

Christa said...

cute pictures! sounds like a fun day! I want to go next time! :) we should have James take us before he leave and mom can watch the babies! :)

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.