template

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The start of a fantastic summer...

Summer is here, and I feel like singing...well not literally, I am a terrible singer, and it would be painfully off key. However, the sun, the activities, the warmth, are all welcome, and have really improved my mood.

Brett is back at work, and we are sad to have him gone. We enjoyed his 3 weeks home with the family. Even though we were limited in our activities, it was great to have family dinner each night, roast marshmallows three or four times a week, and just be together as a family all day.




Dillan and Alexis are in day camp at the Orem Rec Center, and I LOVE it. Oh my gosh, it is so nice to have them get up, have something fun to look forward to which encourages them to get dressed, eat breakfast, etc. in a pace faster than the normal snail's pace they seem to keep. They take a sack lunch to camp, and so when I pick them up at noon, they have already eaten, and spent a few hours learning and playing. I had my morning free to exercise or work, and they had a great time, so we are all the happier for it.
Because I have had some time without the kids, I started taking tennis lessons from a friend. It has been so much fun. I am not very good, but I am improving, and I am enjoying every minute of it.

We try to do something outside every day. We have been walking to day camp, I have been trying to jog in the mornings, and we have been swimming at Grandma Simmons a few times.

We just planned a fun summer vacation, and things are happy. Basically, the Brett Yerkes family loves summer, especially now that we have the Sea Doo's summerized and are ready to hit the lake. My kids keep saying funny things, and I smile, laugh, yell, cry, and smile some more. Oh the life of being a parent with three little ones, can't wait until Dillan starts kindergarten in the fall!

No comments: