template

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Brett is 31


Brett turned 31 this week. It was a fun day. He found out the day before that he could walk without using his crutches. This meant that we could have a great day without being hampered with crutches. We started it off really early and went to Beau's (Brett's friend) house to breakfast. It was really delicious. Then we went home, and had a fun party with lots of friends and family.

Everyone enjoyed playing pool, air hockey, and foosball. Even the kids got really into it.

All the guys enjoyed some time on the game tables, most of the girls were outside watching the kids play in the above ground pool and on the trampoline.

We had some really yummy food. We had a BBQ. Dillan was trying to look cool.

Lexi decided she needed to load up on the chips.

Derrick just loved being outside and being part of all the action. He and grandma had a really nice time.

Becca decided it might be best to be in where it was cool.


The party was nice, but not why I am blogging. I am blogging because I want to list a few of the many reasons I love my husband, and am grateful he is now 31, was born, and is now part of my life.

1. He is the most patient person in the world. Especially with the kids.
2. Brett is seriously funny. Every word out of his mouth is a pun or something witty.
3. He works hard, and always thinks about what he could be doing to provide better, or help me more.
4. He is fun. We never have a boring day.
5. He always wants to play games. No matter what game it is.
6. He reads his scriptures every day, and leads our family spiritually.
7. He is generous with his praise and his love. I always know I am loved and valued.
8. He loves the water...he could swim, play at the beach, snorkel, etc. every day.
9. He gets my crazy, and puts up with it.
10. He is constantly trying to improve, from typing skills to reading, and more.
11. He is not too macho to ask for help.
12. He loves being active, and keeps us active.
13. When I am stressed, he is always thoughtful, bringing home a meal for me, a treat, flowers, or telling me he will watch the kids and I can go out.
14. He is obsessed with Harry Potter.
15. He is accepting and loving of my family, extended family, etc. He thinks of my aunts, grandma, and cousins, as his.
16. He is very open minded and accepting of people's beliefs, even if they don't coincide with his own.
17. He loves treats!
18. Even though he doesn't feel like school is for him, he values education and wants the best for our kids.
19. He is so great with kids, patient, fun, loving, etc.
20. He can pull off a mowhawk.
21. Everyone likes him.
22. He has a fantastic smile.
23. Even though he can be a big baby, even when he was down for his surgeries, he wanted to be helping.
24. He does dishes...without being asked.
25. He lets me put my cold feet on him.
26. He hates snow, and thus understands when I complain about it.
27. He would rather drive a crappy car than have debt.
28. He loves popcorn and soda at movies, and always puts the arm rest up so we can hold hands.
29. He loves sports, but will turn them off to have dinner with the family.
30. His love for people is unconditional.
31. He never leaves the house without kissing me good bye and telling me he loves me. And I love him too.

Feel free to comment on why you love Brett, as I know you all do.

3 comments:

JuLi said...

Happy Birthday Brett!!! Can't think of any reasons to love ya, so...
Naw I'm just kidding!!! there's lots of reasons, but I suppose my three nephews and niece are the number one reason!
Hope it was a blast! Wish we could've been there... looks like it was great! Good Job Rachael!!

Nathalie Smith said...

Sounds you had fun!!! For some reason I thought you were out on the lake all day. I am a tard. Anyways, You have a cool husband because he is laid back and lets you go out with me on occasional Girls Night!! :)

Carolyn Easton said...

I stopped loving Brett the day his braces came off. :) Cant wait to see you guys in December. You're going to be there right?