template

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Changes and New Fun Stuff!

After we moved in I never really had a chance to finish up the basement with decorating and stuff. I got the basic ideas for rooms down, but then kind of puttered out on the whole decorating and organizing thing.

Brett has been working on losing some weight, and the deal was if he lost his weight, he could get a pool table. Well, he lost 20 lbs before his surgery (just by cutting out soda and desserts). So, it was only fair that he got one, but we hadn't found one yet. I was looking for one, but couldn't find one that fit my budget and that could be delivered. (We don't exactly have a car that would fit a pool table). I finally found one online and got it, but when it was delivered it was WAY smaller than I was thinking. Haha the description said "slightly" smaller than regulation size. But, when it came, it was like 1/3 smaller, almost even 1/2 the size. Oops. Oh well, Brett loves it and has loved it so far.


Lexi named the balls, and decided that all of the striped ones were parent-less, so she calls them her little babies. Haha. Dillan keeps playing David, and Dillan is not half bad. He almost beat him one of the times they played.

Because the pool table was smaller than we were thinking, we were able to move the air hockey table inside, and can bring the foosball table over. So, the basement is now a game room, with three great toys, I need to get stuff up on the walls still, and maybe some paint for color, but we are excited about the potential. Although, I am not really sure what to do with my furniture that was in there. This lead to the next project.


Because I moved the furniture out of the downstairs family room to make room for the game tables, I put the couch, end table, and rug from that room into the toy room, and moved a few things around. Here is how it all turned out! So cute right!


These are the two toy shelves, and the gigantic train table. The easel is not exactly where I want it, but for now it works. My kids are too spoiled, they have millions of games, books, dress ups, and of course toys, toys, toys!

Here is my cute couch and pillow, red end table, red lamp, and fun pictures. I found these amazing puzzle picture frames in all of the principle colors of the room, so I got them, and put in the cute pictures I had done of the kids in their costumes. I had them taken early this year, but haven't had a chance to get them up yet. Now they are up, which is so fun because they are totally perfect for the toy room.

It is amazing how organizing a room, and getting it exactly how you want it can make such a difference in how you feel in it.

1 comment:

JuLi said...

I LOVE THIS TOY ROOM!!!! This is so great Rachael! Good Job! and even though I already told you this on FB... I'm so jealous of your puzzle piece picture frames! SOOOOOO CUTE!