template

Monday, December 6, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

One of the real joys of Christmas is the wonderful, mythical belief, or faith (as I like to think of it) in something like Santa. The excitement of twinkle lights, paper wrapped gifts, bows, the scents of evergreen, cocoa, peppermint, and more. The holiday season is full of magic, and it is so fun to see it through the eyes of my three sweet kids.

Brett had tonight off, so we decided to have family home evening in the car as we went out to have some fun. The kids got some gift certificates to Jason's Deli, so we headed there for some dinner. Since it is in the mall parking lot, we decided to go visit Santa. It was an unplanned activity, with ice cream faces, and messy hair, but the kids had fun...with one exception. Derrick was terrified of Santa. I tried to set him on his lap, and he started shaking in terror. So, we tried putting him on a rocking horse in front of him for the picture. That did not work either. He freaked out. But, the See's suckers totally helped, and I was able to stand off to the side so he could be in the picture. Note my arm in the first picture. 

Of course he looked much cuter in picture #2, and to spice things up a bit, they added a candy cane border to the picture. My kids are super cute, and they sure enjoyed rattling off their lists of wants and wishes to Santa. Derrick, of course, does not have a list, and is extremely difficult to buy for. However, I am sure I will managed. We will see if my budget manages. It is unlikely. I always make a plan, and then get so excited as it gets closer and go overboard.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, I wish I had a penny, and a Christmas welcome mat! Just kidding. Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you get to enjoy the winter wonderland that is often Utah, and the feelings of fulfillment when you give the perfect gift, or offer that bit of service that warms the soul. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the Holiday Season!

1 comment:

Christa said...

such fun pictures. I love your kids. They are so dang cute. I love how Derrek was scared of him. How funny. thanks for hanging out yesterday, it was fun!