template

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vacation Mishaps--Part Three! The Movies and Stuff

The next day we checked out at Anaheim, and left to go back to Vegas. For Christmas my sister gave me a $50 gift card to AMC movie theaters, but since there are NONE by where I live, we decided to use it in California. So, we found a movie time, and headed over. On the way there I got a little dizzy, and felt kind of sick, but I got out of the car and sat down for a minute, and felt fine. We bought our tickets (they were ridiculously priced, $9 for adults $8 for kids, for a matinee price). We got in, got our popcorn and drinks, and sat down. The kids were being little angels. they weren't talking, they were watching the screen. I was amazed. They were good all through the previews. Then the movie started and I picked Derrick up to put him on my lap since the start was a little scary (We were watching X-Men), and I touched his sunburn, so he started crying. People in the theater started yelling at me, and telling me to get the "F" out of the theater. So, I took Derrick out, asked for a refund for our two tickets. They gave me 2 vouchers, and we left. He was almost out of diapers, and there was a Costco right next door, so we headed over to get them.


While at the Costco I also bought the kids all UV protection swim shirts so that we could have a great summer without a repeat of the sunburns. I still wasn't feeling great, but I thought it was just because my sunburn was hurting. Well, while standing in the checkout line I started getting really clammy and light headed. I guess the lady behind me was asking me something about Derrick and I wasn't answering her, and I got really white all of the sudden and just slumped over onto the check out counter. I guess I fainted. The people at Costco took me over to a bench, and brought my cart and Derrick over. They tried to call Brett for me, but his phone was in MY purse. After having my head on my knees for 15 minutes I started feeling fine. They checked me out, and kept asking if I was sure I was okay, then I went out to the car. It took me a while to find it (Brett parked while I was buying tickets), but I got out a water bottle and a bag of cut up watermelon, and after hydrating I started feeling much better. I opened the car windows, put on my iPod and took a nap (derrick watched a movie in the van), while we waited for them to get out of the movie.


The rest of the day I felt sick here and there, got light headed a couple times, and just felt miserable. We think it was heat exhaustion, or whatever that is called where you get all dehydrated and sick because of a bad sunburn. However, we made it back to Vegas without incident, and despite the sunburns, we were ready to have some more fun.


More to come...duhm duhm duhm.

No comments: