template

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vacation Mishaps--Part Two! The Beach

The day after the Yankees game we got up early, hit the store for sunscreen and snacks, and headed straight for our favorite place in the world--The Beach!!!
We found parking, sprayed on the sunblock, hauled all of our crap to the beach, and went to go play!

The kids were pretty excited to get there, and start playing. The water was cold, but the kids were excited to find shells and start building what they called "tide pools" where they dug a hole in the sand, and put some shells in it.



 Derrick was stinking cute. He was running all over the place, and LOVED the water, sand, etc. It was hilarious because it was cold, and he was a little nervous, but didn't want to leave the water. He loved "Karwa" and just wanted us to play with him. He threw sand, he sat in the waves, he was so dang cute!
 This is Brett showing how freezing cold he was. Haha. Of course, despite the cold water, he and the boys played and played. We got there before Juli and Rocco and Zeze, but we did not have to wait too long.

Once Juli got there, we had a picnic, and we sat down and talked. I tried to play with Zeze, but she did not want me at all. Haha. I looked at my legs and they were looking kind of red, so I pulled out the sunscreen and resprayed myself and all my kids. Then I put on my jacket because I did not want to get my shoulders burnt because that stinks when you have kids. You can't pick them up, etc. because your shoulders hurt.

Well guess what? My intuition was a good one because we got FRIED. Lexi, who almost never gets burned got so red. Dillan was immensely burned he was blistered before we even got back to the hotel. My legs were roasted! They were so red and swollen, and the next day I started getting sick, nauseated, and was super dehydrated. I did not take pictures of my legs, but I should have. Ouch. 3 days later and they are FINALLY starting to feel a little bit better. Barely. 

 

The best part of the day was just getting to see Juli and her sweet kids. I couldn't believe how grown up Rocco is getting. He is just so big and talking so well! Zeegan was as cute as ever. I loved it. She was funny, her little personality was crazy funny!
More tomorrow...duhm duhm duhm

No comments: