template

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Christmas is a really close second, but I think Halloween takes the cake, or the jack-o-lantern anway. Just love it.This year has been so crazy that I felt like I haven't been as in to it, good thing we still have one day left.

So, we started the month off making caramel apples:



 She is such a little poser! haha

 Most of them looked like this!

Then Lexi's school did a pumpkin patch field trip, which I went with her on as a parent volunteer. Riding the bus brought back all kinds of funny memories.


These three girls were who I was over. Abby, Abigale, and Alexis. The A team! They had a blast jumping off hay bales into a corn box.

 We went through a haybale maze.

 There was also a petty zoo with a kangaroo, a llama, and a donkey, and a hayride. The place was small, but the kids loved picking out their pumpkins.


Then we went to Cornbelly's, our favorite Halloween tradition. We went a couple times this year, once with our good friend's the Jamison's.



We went to a friend's Halloween party a few hours away, we carved pumpkins.



We went on train rides pulled by 4-Wheelers.


 We hit pinatas that were Halloween themed. Because Halloween does not have enough CANDY!

We had a neighborhood Halloween party, the second annual cul-de-sac party, with soups, donuts, fire pits, and trick or treating!





 
This year we did a Mario themed costume. I made the Yoshi and Daisy because we could not find any for a good price. Stellar sewing skills, I know! haha
We included Joe, John, and Danny in our costume because it was more fun that way!




That's us, enjoying our Halloween fun. Can't wait for Monday when we can take the kids out trick or treating. I just love getting all that candy. I usually make the kids go to bed, then I sit in my room and sort it. Sorting the candy is my favorite part! Then I usually freeze half of it. I give the kids a bag with one of each kind of candy they got, to eat the next day. Then I let them have it a little at a time. Lame of me, I know, but better for them then a big sugar binge!

No comments: