template

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Brett's Birthday

Brett turned 33 this year and I wasn't really feeling great, so I hadn't planned a party. I decided to just have a few family members and friends come for dinner, but once I started inviting I realized it would be more than a few. Once you cover family, neighbors, and all our old friends, you have several, so I figured, okay, let's just invite new friends, etc. too. And so we did.

I decided for food we would go Mexican, so I made several trays of enchiladas a few days before. Then I bought lettuce, and tons of fixings for taco salads, made pulled pork, and cut up a bunch of fruit. Threw in some quesadilla fixings for the kids, and ordered a huge cake from Harvest.
 









The party was a success. The food was perfect, the guests fun. We had a great turn out. I was worried since we did it on a Sunday we would not get a great turn out, but my fears were unfounded. It was very fun! Brett loved the Yankees hats he received! As well as other thoughtful gifts. Thanks everyone who came and helped us celebrate! I sure love him!

2 comments:

JuLi said...

You're so cool to do a party for your hubby every year. Tell Seth to do one for me one year! lol. I think he would've before but i've never had more than two or three people he could invite. sad. lol...
Anyway, your party looks AWESOME!!! and the food sounds iINCREDIBLE! and you are AMAZING! and Brett is so LUCKY! and I want your Enchiladas recipe cuz mine never taste vey good and yours look DELICIOUS!!!!

JuLi said...

oops!
PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT!!!!