template

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An outlet for my frustration

Ok, so I try to only post good, uplifting things on here, generally funny things my kids did, or the good updates on our life, but today I am using it as an outlet for my frustration.

What am I frustrated about might you ask? Simple. I am frustrated with closed minded people making judgments about things they do not understand, and choose to prejudge.

I am sick of seeing people say what my church, or leaders believe, without taking the time to really understand their meaning. I am sick of people saying, "don't judge me, but it is okay for me to judge you." Frankly, I wish people would take a look in the mirror. You want people to accept you for being who and what you are (sexuality, race, religion, opinion), etc. but you are going to spout off narrow minded views about who and what I am. Then, when confronted with your prejudice and hateful comments, you make excuses for yourself. "I was only joking." or "lighten up" or, "Well, my experience shows..." If you do not understand something, do not purport to be an expert on it. If you are unwilling to open your mind and heart to learn about something, do not try to persuade others to your opinion on it.

The hypocritical nature of so many, (probably myself included), wears on me. It frustrates me, it makes me wonder what the world is coming to. You want your rights, but wish to deny others theirs. You want to be able to condemn people for their beliefs, but are affronted when someone does the same to you.

What happened to good-natured debating and sharing of opinions and information? Why the malicious, and often ignorant ramblings of the masses? I must say, there are days when the disappointment of it all weighs me down, and today is one of them.

Rachael

No comments: