template

Monday, August 22, 2011

How I feel about school!

Lexi and Dillan have been at school all day, I have been extra productive, working, cleaning, taking care of my to-do list. I will be leaving in a while to get Dillan, and then go meet Lexi at her bus. The day is of course bitter-sweet. My sentiments of last year have not changed much. I am so excited for my kids to get to have the excitement and enjoyment of learning. I wish they could just be kids who play and have no cares a while longer. Yet, I love the break I get with them out of the house all day. I want Lexi to go to all day kindergarten because I think it will be better for her. I want Dillan to have challenges and just LOVE school. I am excited for them.

Then of course I have my worries...I worry about them socially, will they be liked? Will other kids be nice to them? I worry about their behavior. Will they be good in class? Will they be the kids other parents hate because they teach their children crude language or encourage inappropriate behavior? I worry about them emotionally. Will they be able to manage such a long day away from home? Will they know how to cope with the pressures of peers and academics? I am a mom, I worry. I want my kids to have high esteem, to get along with everyone, and be a good example. I want them to be smart, and always behave in the classroom. Of course, I know my hopes are not entirely realistic, but that doesn't change them.

I loved school growing up, and I want my children to love learning, knowledge, and expanding their minds as much as I did. I hope that their teachers will recognize how precious they are to me, and how important they are to me. I pray that they will take care of them, be their advocates, and support them. I know I am being emotional, but it is so hard to watch them grow up and yet I am so eager for them to as well. I feel like a vortex of conflicting emotion.

That is what the first day of school is for me...just wait until Derrick starts, then you will see emotional Rach! haha

Hope all of you have great back-to-school and first day of school as well!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, I've been trying to talk Danny into staying home for another year. He's not buying it and I hate the fact that I am giving up my children too young into the hands of someone else. It has never felt right to me, even after all these years. Dad!

Yerkes family said...

Yes, but just think how nice it will be for mom to have some kid free time each day without having to talk one of the kids into babysitting... haha Love you!