template

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Proud Mama

Today was a proud mom day for me. This messy face little girl just made me smile, and smile, and smile. Remember last soccer season how Lexi would twirl, chase butterflies, ask about snacks, run off the field mid-play to pet a dog, etc.? Well, can I just say that sometimes they grow up pretty fast? What a difference a few months can make. This season she is my little dominator. She played so well today! The girl was on fire.

It was pretty dang hot out there, but she still managed to score 2 goals! Her first 2 I might add. She also had 4 assists. She had some great stops, blocks, etc. She was amazing! See how she is smiling? Not so much on the field...it was hilarious! She had on this little scowl as she glared down the other team (some of the girls were on her team last year, which was really funny). She got physical, was aggressive, and played so well! Can you tell I am proud?

 Her team is just so cute. Her jersey hadn't come in yet, which is why she is wearing a different one. After the game all the parents formed a human tunnel for the girls to run through, and gave them high fives at the end of it. The kids got such a kick out of it that all the teams ran through it! haha
 
I am really excited for this seasons because she finally cares, and it shows!

No comments: