template

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sweet Lexi

I think sometimes I only post stuff on here when I am frustrated with my kids, so this morning I thought I would take a moment to share some of the good and great about them.

For example, this morning, Lexi got up early, got herself ready, and was as pleasant as can be. She is not much of a morning person, and LOVES watching television, so I told her she could watch TV while I got the boys ready to go. Instead she asked what she could do to help. She went downstairs and made Dillan's bed for him since he was running late, then she got a sponge and cleaned all the toothpaste off the bathroom sink. She helped me get the pillows off my bed so we could make it, and picked up some flashcards Derrick had thrown on the floor in his room. She was helpful and happy, and it was so refreshing.

Last night Derrick came in and said, "Mom, it is reading time, put your computer away." It made me smile, so I called the kids in and we read several stories from our Illustrated Grimm's Fairy Tales book. The kids love those stories, and it is always fun to snuggle up on my bed and read. Plus, I find those stories far more enjoyable then the Cartoon ones and Superhero ones we usually read.

Derrick got in bed with us last night (ugh), and that always means poor sleep for me. I let him know this morning that I was not too happy about him sleeping with us, and he said, "Good thing I am so cute then huh?" Haha.

This is all that is coming to mind this morning, although I am sure Dillan has been wonderful as well. I am so thankful for this time of year when we get so many reminders to count our blessings and show our gratitude. Now I just can't wait for this new little one to join us. Wish me luck!

No comments: