template

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The halloween hype

Can I just say right now how much I love Halloween? Thanks, just wanted to get that out of the way. There is just something so enjoyable about getting all dressed up and begging for candy. I must say, hot chocolate, hot soup, parties, my kid's enjoyment, and the loads of candy after don't hurt either. This year I have lots of fun things going on because it is on a Sunday, we are making it a whole weekend affair.

We are starting with school parties, which should be fun, especially since I am the room mom and planned them! haha. Then we will be taking some fun family pics in our "incredible" costumes. Just wait, you will see how totally awesome we are. Then, party time in the hood (the neighborhood), with family and friends in abundance. Follow that up with late night hang outs with my sis, and of course plenty of cocoa and toast. Then wake up and start again. I am thinking more family time, and TRICK or TREAT! Or should I say, TRUNK or Treat! Maybe both. Bahhh I am so excited.

Then, the actual day, I plan to read plenty of ghost stories, watch scary movies, snuggle with my kids, and of course, pig out on all the good candy. Yup, what is not to love? So, get ready for a whole post of just pictures from my holiday weekend, and if you talk to me this week, prepare yourself for a lot of moping about how I have so much to do to get ready for my weekend of fun. That is right, MY weekend of fun. The kids will have fun too, but really, I am the one who gets the kicks out of the whole thing.

Spoiler alert! Derrick looks freaking adorable in his costume. You are going to just want to pinch those round cheeks and kiss his sticky face, which is almost always sticky, and is sure to be over the weekend, as I anticipate sugar comas!

Back to work for me, just needed to get out my excitement before I burst open! Brett's costume should be here Thursday.

No comments: