template

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Eat, Drink, and Be Scary, we had a Spooktacular Halloween! (Cliche? I know, don't you love it?)

Our family is pretty incredible. Brett has been working out a lot, does it show? I know, hot huh? He is pretty sexy. We sure had fun dressing up as a family and such a great one. We even won a prize at a costume contest. I know, right? Awesome! Or should I say...Incredible? We are. Thanks for agreeing.
This Halloween was a great one. I really enjoyed having it be all weekend long. We started with a fun block party on Friday. We had some great games, and fire pits to help us stay warm. We also had FOOD. Yum. In the madness we had our football player Hannah (the little sis) and her cheerleader Hannah (the neighbor).


There were at least 30 kids running around in their costumes, starting their sugar high early, and getting excited to trick or treat. They cake walked, they popped balloons of candy, and bobbed for apples, oh and let's not forget the donuts on a string, cupcake decorating, burning hot cocoa and cider, and soups! I love foods, and Halloween Foods are INCREDIBLE. lol

We loved having so much fun family time this Halloween. It was great having Christa and Logan come and spend the night so they could make it down to Logan's motorcross race in time. They were dressed so cute, although Logan (as a clown) kind of freaked a few of the kids out.

All the family dressed up and joined us for the block party. Sara was a peach and took pics for me since I wanted to see everyone and play with the munchkins. Love all the hats!

Okay, one more of my fam. We went and got professional pictures done, but had the neighbor take a few in the driveway so we could post them on here, and let everyone see how incredible we are. The kids had fun and even called one another by their character names. "Violet" struggled some with her wig, so it came off pretty early.


This was our first school costume parade, and it was a blast to go watch them parade around the school so proud of their costumes. I went in costume as well, and took Derrick dressed up so that we could attend lex's class party after. It was a great time.

I think she ate some donuts off a string, and the powder got all over her costume, but since we had already taken pictures I didn't really care.
Okay, seriously, Have you ever seen a cuter Jack-Jack? He was just the sweetest kid ever. I have to tell you, he had such a fun time trick or treating. His bucket was getting so heavy it was dragging, but he wouldn't let anyone help him because he was so worried they would take his candy! lol
Oh Mom and Little Autumn Poo were so cute. It was fun having everyone come enjoy Halloween party #1 with us. The kids had so much fun, especially John, who happened to win the costume contest. I might note that it helps having such a big family!
On the night we trick or treated, we spent time with the other side of the fam, and it was just as much fun, but since it was raining and cold, I did not really take any pictures. So, for now you can just imagine the fun, and think about the buckets full of candy that my kids got. Don't worry, I got enjoy my favorite part of Halloween, the sorting of the candy, and then slimmed down how much they got so that their sugar highs were minimal. I was thinking I might freeze some of it so that they can enjoy it all year long. That is, if I don't eat it all first. Who said Halloween has to be for kids?

No comments: