template

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day Three: The Perfect First Date

I don't know that I have ever really spent time thinking about the perfect first date, especially since I have not had a first date in years, however, I know what I like, and so I will construct the perfect first date from there.


The who: Brett Yerkes of course, he is my best friend and lover! Plus we have a lot of fun together, so it stands to reason that he is who I would want to go out with.

The food: I love food, and I am a firm believer that all dates should have food of some kind. I prefer something along the lines of crab legs or lobster tail, sea bass, Kristian regale, broccolini, candied yams, some kind of potatoe, like maybe scalloped, a crisp salad, and top it off with creme brulee for dessert! Yeah, that sounds about right.

The activity: I like the idea of active dates. Currently in my life by the time we get out the door on a date I am pretty tired, so I prefer going to a play, a movie, or something relaxing, but for a first date talking is a must, so I think a hike, or heading to the lake, or if weather is crappy maybe just going bowling. I think the beach or boating would be ideal though.

The conversation: A first date should be fun and funny. I think lots of jokes should be told, and conversation should range from favorites and histories, to discussions about rights, politics, and what you want for your future.

I never had a "perfect" first date, but my first date with Brett was certainly interesting. We went to family home evening in his ward, followed by a movie at the dollar theater, where he promptly told me he was not interested in dating, then kissed me a few minutes later. What is a girl supposed to think that means? Haha. And I thought we were going to be just friends. What were your perfect first dates?

1 comment:

Christa said...

Your perfect date sounds pretty fun. I love crab. I love boating. I love the beach. I would want Logan though...or hugh jackman...both are good. :) You've probably already read my post of perfect first date so I wouldn't tell you that whole thing over again on your comment page.