template

Monday, January 24, 2011

How long does it take to crack a dozen eggs?

Have you ever wondered how long it takes to crack a dozen eggs? If your name is Derrick, and you are smack dab in the middle of your terrible two's the answer is about a minute...that is, if you are cracking them on your sister's bedroom floor and making carpet omlettes instead of cheese and spinach ones. 

This is the completion of my day 1 blog challenge. The rest of my day went as I expected. I worked...a lot, and then I did some grocery shopping, wrote out a budget, paid some bills, planned a menu for the week, tidied up the house, and then sat back down to work. Then, low and behold, Dillan comes in to tattle on his brother. Big surprise there. Only this time it is, "Hey Mom, Derrick is cracking eggs in Lexi's room. " 
"What?!!!"
"He has a quart of ice cream, and a dozen eggs, and he is in Lexi's room."
At this point I toss (yes literally toss) my computer aside and vault across my room to get to Lexi's room as quickly as possible. Well, I was too late. The whole carton has been cracked and smashed into the carpet. I had already cleaned about half of it up before I thought to take a picture. 


All I can say is Thank Goodness we have at home carpet cleaners. Rotten egg is not exactly a smell I want to be dealing with. Can I just say, it is not easy to get egg out of carpet? This picture was after I had been working at it for about 25 minutes. It was a goopy, disgusting mess. I guess my grand plans of finishing up the rest of my to-do list will have to wait until tomorrow. I am off to get three kids fed, bathed, and in bed before I really do go crazy!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Derrick has turned into a little terror. oh my goodness. he loves demolishing your house doesn't he? Sorry.

Jamie said...

That so looks like something Ian would do! I am so sorry! I really really hate the terrible two's! I hope you can survive it, I barely did!