template

Monday, May 9, 2011

The day for Mothers

I have two of the greatest moms in the world. In order to celebrate them we went to the Thanksgiving Point Harvest brunch, which was incredibly delicious.

Five things I love about my moms:
1. My mom raised me to be who I am today(which is pretty awesome!), and my mother in law raised my amazing husband who is courteous and kind, resourceful, and everything I want in a spouse. 
2. Their humor. I love hearing them laugh, and try and share a silly story each time I see them just to hear it. They both find joy in life, and share it freely.
3. Their faith. They both have such great faith and a love of God, which I can see in their actions.
4. Their creativity. My two moms are creative in very different ways from one another, and both amazing at what they do. 
5. Their love. Being a mom takes sacrifice, patience, love, kindness, flexibility, fortitude, foresight, wisdom, and oh so much more. Without love for their kids, we never would have survived. So thank you!

 me and my mom
My mother in law and I



 I have the best husband and children. They were great to me for Mother's Day. The kids made cards for me, and gave me little gifts they made at school. Dillan wrote me a little letter, which was very cute. They wanted to make a big breakfast for me, but we have church at 9, so it was difficult. Brett got me a lens for my camera, a tray of delicious little pastries and petite fours, and this beautiful flower arrangement. Then they all went downstairs and cleaned up Dillan and Lexi's rooms. We had a nice dinner, and the kids let me nap! Seriously, a nice day!

No comments: