template

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sleepover!

I get asked on a weekly basis if we are planning to have any more children. My standard answer is, "No, at least not right now." I have so much on my plate that the rigors of pregnancy and an infant are not only overwhelming to me, but seemingly impossible. I do however, enjoy the occasional baby. This weekend we had a fun little sleepover with my niece. She is one. She also doesn't like me much, so I was a little worried that we might have a weekend of tears, from both of us. Haha. Anyway, we had a great time. She fussed some, but for the most part was a delight. It was certainly difficult to manage an extra child who needed so much attention while still doing everything else we had planned, but it was great. We started out with a bit of a late night. My kids were so excited that she was over that it was hard to get everyone settled down for bed. She wanted to be held, so we cuddled, and eventually she fell asleep. The next morning I left her with my other sister for a bit while I did a Mother's Day thing, then picked her up and we went to the REAL SL soccer game. She loved the shaved ice. It was HOT! Then back to our town for a recreational soccer game, Dillan's last one. She loved that, playing with all the kids on the side lines. Then back to Salt Lake. It was a long day, but we managed. Here are some silly pictures of her eating her breakfast!




No comments: