template

Monday, May 9, 2011

My cheap office makeover!

My office is in that teeny tiny room in the upstairs of our house. I have been trying to figure out forever what I want to do with it, but haven't wanted to spend money. I finally figure some things out, and now it is just about done. I love it. I started by painting two of the walls. I may have gone a little over board with the color, but I wanted something bright. So, I have a blue wall and a yellow wall, and left the other two white. Color is good for creativity. Then I was stuck. I tried rearranging furniture, etc. Nothing looked right. Then I decided to take my desk and small bookshelf, which were different colors of wood, and both pretty ugly, and painted them. I LOVE how they turned out, and I ended up sticking the shelf on top of the desk like a hutch, creating  more space in the room. LOVE! I will try and round up some before pictures, but the turquoise color turned out great. I put a stain over the top to tone it down some.
 
I had two old shelves in my garage, both ugly, so I painted and stained both of them as well. I also got some pictures turned into canvases of my three sweeties.  I think it turned out pretty cute.

 I love birds, and found this great picture, and this cute little ceramic bird, so I decided to use them. I got a few other things too, but no picture, sorry. This is by the door, and conveniently holds unsightly office supplies. I bought the little cabinet at the DI for $5, and put some paint to it as well. I had purchased a little hutch thing for this spot, but when I saw the cabinet for $5, I returned the hutch I spent $80 on and decided a little elbow grease was worth the savings. I was right! I also took some old picture frames and painted them to match some of the accent colors.
 My favorite part is that I couldn't find curtains I liked that went with the ideas I had, so I bought a fabric shower curtain, and had my mother-in-law cut it and sew it into two panels for me to be curtains! Yay for inexpensive spruce ups!

No comments: