template

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Beef...it's what's for dinner!

Do you remember that slogan? Haha! I do.

Well, here is another review of a freezer meal, this time the pot roast sliders.
YUM!
Another good one. 
I was sooo tired this morning, so I wanted a fast dinner, so I threw this in the crock pot, and then smelled it cooking all day. My mouth was watering. 

After I picked my munchkins up from school we stopped at a local produce stand and bought corn on the cob and watermelon and potatoes. We figured they would be a nice accompaniment to dinner. 
I made homemade french fries with the potatoes, wedged the watermelon, and steamed the corn.

I baked some biscuits from a can because I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to go home made tonight. It took about 10 minutes for the potatoes and corn to get done, and the same time for the biscuits to bake, so it was a really fast and easy dinner. I decided to slice the roast rather than shred it because it seems to stay on the buns (biscuits) better that way and is easier for my kids to eat. But it was super tender, and shredding it would have been a simple matter, for those that prefer shredded meat. Then pulled out some lettuce and avocado to top the sliders.

The chipolte sauce that came with the recipe was to die for. In fact, I am already dreaming of the tacos I am going to make tomorrow with the leftover meat and sauce. I am super full, but can't seem to get them out of my mind.

Everyone loved it. Dillan said, "That was freaking good mom!"  So you can find the recipe here! Under Pot Roast Sliders. I hope your family likes it as much as mine did.

The sliced meat

The finished product!

No comments: