template

Monday, September 10, 2012

Freezer meal review


Okay, it is time for some freezer meal reveiws. I have not tried all of the ones from the last batch yet, but here is what I think of the ones we have tried. 
Bang bang chicken- Ugh, not my favorite. It is totally bang bang chicken, so if you like that at a restaurant you will probably like it, but for me it was way too salty. I used a barely sweetened peanut butter, so it may have been tastier if I had used less soy sauce and a more sugared peanut butter, but I probably won't repeat that recipe in my rotation. 
Mongolian beef- It was a hit with my family. Dillan was very enthusiastic about it. No one complained. The only change I made was when I made it, the sauce was not thickening up the way I expected, so I added corn starch during the final stages of cooking just so the consistency would be better. We really enjoyed it though.
Mongolian Beef

Pretzel
Orange chicken

Orange chicken- We love the orange chicken, which you already know if you follow my blog at all, but I did not love how much sugar it called for. I cut it in half, and my family did not even notice. Still a favorite. I added a little extra orange zest.
Pretzels- They are great, an easy after school snack, and have tons of options. I froze them at the point after making the dough, letting it rise, shaping it, then I let it rise for a few more minutes, and froze. Then when I pulled them out to cook them I added a minute to the baking time, and still did the soda wash and let them stand for ten minutes. 
Flank steak- It is a delicious recipe, and a real winner. 

I will keep you posted on the others as we try them and adjust them to out personal liking!





No comments: