template

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pot Roast Slider Meat Tacos...MMMMM

We had pot roast sliders for dinner last night, which were super yummy, and today for lunch I was hungry and did not want to spend much time fixing something. Derrick asked for a quesadilla, and I had been dreaming about using the leftovers from last night in tacos, so I that is what I made. It literally took less than 5 minutes to throw them together. I sliced the meat, heated the griddle, crisped up my taco shells with some cheese in them, topped them with the meat, chipolte sauce, lettuce, avocado, and some salsa (wish I had fresh salsa, but it was still delish).

What an awesome freezer meal, totally versatile meat, and so far 2 great meals out of it. Mmmm
So you can find the recipe for the meat here!  
1 3-4 lb beef roast

Bag1:
·       1 cup water
·       1 cup salsa
·       1 envelope onion soup mix
  1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix
 
Bag 2:
·       ¼ c sour cream
·       2 Tbs chili sauce
·       2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce
 
Cook roast and bag 1 ingredients in crockpot 6-8 hours. Serve on rolls, with provolone, and creamy chipolte sauce(bag 2).



No comments: