template

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pie Pockets...YUM




Tonight I had some leftover pastry dough from when I made freezer meals on Tuesday
(recipe here).

When I made them, I used them for lasagna pockets, pizza pockets, meat pockets, etc. all savory. Tonight I cut up peaches, and made pumpkin pie filling, and used them to make the pockets into peach pie pockets, and pumpkin pie pockets.

I used an egg wash on the top. Then I sprinkled them with sugar and cinnamon. Baked them at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, and YUMMO! My kids loved them. I loved them.

I made several to freeze so that when I need a quick treat I can just throw them in the oven. Brett was awesome and totally helped me out. We also made about 50 pretzels for after school snacks. It was a fun night with my hubby cookin' in the kitchen!

No comments: