template

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My 28th Birthday

This year for my 28th birthday, Brett planned my party. I know...amazing right? My birthday fell on a Tuesday. He had to work that day, unfortunately, so wanted to spend the evening just us. So, he asked if I would want to do my party the night before. Now, my secret confession (not so secret actually) is that I totally love watching the Bachelor, Bachelorette, and Bachelor Pad on Monday nights. As do many of my friends. So, Brett thought I could do a girl's night type party, load up on food, watch my show, talk, gossip, do nails, whatever. He invited a couple of my friends, then asked if I would just take over and invite who I wanted. 

He took care of the food for the party. He originally planned to get Winger's but the girl he usually trades with bailed last minute, so he just did Harvest stuff, and let me tell you, it was sooo good. Here's a look at the spread (the only thing I got pics of because I was having too much fun chatting). 

We had fruit, veggies, chips, salsa, limeade, and more...

Spinach artichoke dip with pita chips and toasted bread

A cheese tray, various cheeses, fruits, and baguette

A yummy chocolate cake!

On my actual birthday I got the kids up and out the door to day camp. Lots of loves and hugs that morning, and birthday wishes from the munchkins. I dropped Derrick off at a good friend's (thank you Katie), and then I headed up to Salt Lake. I enjoyed some relaxation, some shopping, and met a great friend for lunch. It was a great morning. We talked and ate, then I headed back home to get the kids, and get ready for my date with Brett. I had a couple hours between when I got home and when Brett was going to take me out, so I read a book, took a little nap, and just played with the kids. Then got ready. We went out to dinner at China Isle. It is one of our favorites. We brought some food home for the kids, and the sitter. Then we decided to see a movie. After the movie (Bourne Legacy, I think, I was so tired I can't really remember it), we got Cold Stone. Haha it was yummy! Then home! It was a pretty pleasant day. Perfect for pregnant me, and low key!


Brett did not know what to get me this year, as I don't want clothes because I am prego, and just haven't been wanting anything of late besides an omelet pan, which his parents got me. However, he remembered me saying a few months back how much I would like a bigger grill. Ours works fine, but is small, so it is hard to entertain using it, and I LOVE TO ENTERTAIN. So this is what he got me! It was a great surprise! 

No comments: