template

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Teacher Back to School Gifts

This is what I made as my back to school teacher gifts. I stole the idea from here... http://www.theletter4.com/2011/06/fathers-day.html
I used my Silhouette to create this. It is not perfect, but I had fun. 
Then I printed it, ran it through my sticker maker, and stuck it on dollar store jars, which I filled with Jelly Bellies! Yum! Cute! Fun! Not too expensive. 

Okay, so small adjustment. I opted to skip the dollar store jars. I made them, and put the stickers on, and they looked great, and the labels were the perfect size and everything, but once I bought the beans to fill them I was overwhelmed by how much the beans cost. It was like $35 in Jelly Beliies because of the jar size. So I figured I would try and find a lower cost option. I ran to Target, and found these cute buckets in their dollar section. They were about half the size of the jars, so that made it far more cost effective for me. I just filled cellophane treat bags, and tied them off with ribbon. The labels were smaller, and hard to read, so I printed out a bigger version to use as the card, had the kids write on it, laminated it, and stuck it in the back so the teachers could at least see the "flavors".

The kids will be taking them to school tomorrow! If I can keep them from eating the treats out of them! Enjoy!

No comments: