template

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 20: The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name

The meaning behind my blog name-

Well, I personally think it is self explanatory. We are an insane lot here, but with just enough sanity to not be committed. The story behind it is really none too exciting. I was browsing my friend's blogs, and debating whether or not I should start a blog, as I write all day long, I wasn't sure if I would want to write in a blog too. I came across one friend's blog that is something to the effect of "A little bit crazy!" and I laughed to myself thinking, "She is only a little crazy, and I am only a little sane." The idea was born, and so it is, a blog!


The blog helps me stay sane, in a weird way it is a great outlet for me. It allows me to do what I do best, write, without any of the pressure of writing for something or someone. It is for me. I don't try to use great prose, or prosaic text, it is where I get to throw up my thoughts on the page, and not really care if it makes any sense, has good grammar or proper punctuation. It is mine, and I get to post what I want, when I want, how I want. I get to brag, vent, and share. I can be honest about who I am, what I want out of life, and what I love about the life I have. If no one reads it, that is fine. If no one comments, that is fine too. It is for me, and if others enjoy it, or read it, then I am humbled that they care enough to do so, but if they don't, then I still get what I want out of it.


Blogs are a fun way to journal. I have contemplated writing a meaningful or helpful blog for others, I even started one for working moms, but only got two posts in before I gave up. I don't want a blog that is a business, or that has expectations. I want a blog that can be for me and for whatever I want it for, 30 day challenges, updates, photo sharing, or whatever else. This way my kids get to be first, and if I don't post for weeks or months at a time, it is just fine!


So, here we are, a hint of sanity, a touch of crazy, and a lot of in between.

No comments: